It’s no longer supply, it’s demand. This, right now, is the moment when the government stopped the triage effort on vaccines and started trying to convince the skeptical and the unwilling to roll up their sleeves.
- He told younger Americans they needed to do their part to get the shot and protect their own health.
- He called it a “patriotic duty,” perhaps targeting conservatives.
- He reminded Americans the shots are free.
- He called on all employers to give workers time off for vaccines — and promised a tax credit to sweeten the deal.
- People vaccinated: 40% plus of Americans have gotten a shot, according to the latest CDC data.
- People willing to get vaccinated: About 61% of Americans in Kaiser’s polling, although that number has grown as people get more comfortable with the vaccine.
- People needed to reach herd immunity: 70%-85% of the population, according to most experts.
- Vaccines administered per day: ~3 million or more at the current pace.